Wednesday, November 14, 2007

CHAFFY DISH~~




Tonight I am so excited that I had a very traditional Chinese food-chaffy dish!!!!! What’s more, my homesickness also goes away because of the chaffy dish!!!
Hah…hah…
Do u know what that is?
Let me introduce it to u (now I am still very full. It’s midnight…): chaffy dish means u and ur friends sit around a round dinner table and there is a boiler which is full of yum soup on the middle of it. Under the boiler, there is a cooking range which makes the soup cooked. Around the boiler, there are many kind of food such as mutton, beef, oyster, shrimp, crab bean curd, vegetables and so on……whatever u can image, there can be exist on the table! hah…when the soup is cooked, u can put whatever u want to eat into the boiler, after they are cooked, a boiler of delicious food is ready to enjoy!! Maybe u can not feel the atmosphere and how the food is delicious, but to be honest, it is yum indeed!!
We tonight had this kind of food in a restaurant which is called “Forbidden city” around T&T. u cannot image how much food we four ate….eight dishes of meat, three dishes of shrimps, two dishes of oysters, and some vegetable dish….i am still very full now….i like this kind of food when I was in China. So when I ate this at this time, my homesickness went away~~~
Tonight is very special for all of us~~

10 comments:

hjm.huang said...

you make me feel hungry!!

Amin said...

Hello David. I heard that the real Chinese food is somehow different from the food in Chinese restaurant; is it correct?

David Sun said...

to amin
yeah. that is a little different between real chinese food and the food in chinese restaurant. actually, the food in the chinese restaurant is the flavor from southern part of China. u know, there are many different styles and different flavors in chinese food. we have 8 big categories of food in china....hah...if u go to my hometown, i will take u to many different restaurants..

Yolanda said...

Wow~~ how many people do u have?
Strong~~~ hh

David Sun said...

to yolanda:
we had 4 people last night~

Krist v said...

the feeling of having our traditional foods in another country far away from our home town in so warm !
Hope you will have some other meals like this!

Jack said...

I like it very much, buddy~~

helen said...

Hi, I'm hungry now. You should treat all of us who are hungry after they saw ur blog. It is ur responsibility.

Unknown said...

Why you put these pictures i'm hungry TT

Li said...

why everybody is hungery after saw these picture? SO DO I!!!!!!!! damn....i miss those things. food from southern actually kind of girly...