Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Robbed in Calgary

Yesterday was a memorable day in my life and in my friend’s life. My friend Dreamson was robbed by two strong men in downtown. What a terrible thing it was!
He lived together with me and he went out to his friend’s home to joint a party yesterday’s afternoon. He said he would come back at about 11pm. But he did not come back yesterday. I thought that maybe he drunk a lot and had been sleeping in his friend’s home. I thought that was the reason why I tried to call him but nobody picked the phone up. I did not put this thing in my mind because I felt relieved about him and I trusted Calgary’s public security. So I went to bed at about 12o’clock. What shocked me was that he did not come back when I should go to university!! It was 10:00am!! I tried to call him but the phone was still not picked up. I felt nervous and a little scared. So I cannot pay my whole attention to my class today. At noon, he called me back eventually and he said he was robbed yesterday’s mid-night in downtown. Those two robbers pointed a knife on his pit of the stomach and let him take out all the cash. OMG!! OMG!! Fortunately he was not hurt by those two robbers. They just robed above $100 from him. But I can image how scared he felt. He stayed in the police station last night. He never came across this case, so did I. I am comforting him now and he become calm gradually. I am sure he will not walk on. Form now on, I think Calgary is not very safe, especially in the downtown…..I hope I won’t hear this case in the future……

4 comments:

Amin said...

That is truly shocking!!! It seems I had wrong assumption about Calgary security. We all should be more careful.

Helen said...

It is not safe during the night, so do not go home very late.
take care.

^~FeLiX~^ said...

Wow! I think I will not go to downtown at night!
The security in Calgary should improve!!

Jack said...

Terriblly!!!