Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Trip to Banff


At the time I came to Calgary, I heard about that the Banff National Park was one of the best places you must visit, because it is extremely picturesque and it has a unique sight in Canada, even in North American. This Wednesday, my girlfriend and I went to the resort.
After about 2 hours bus time, we arrived at Banff. We saw the charming snow mountains which were around us as soon as we got off the bus. I have never seen snow mountains before, so this view made me more excited. Thought it was a little colder, it did not decrease our enthusiasm to this small town. This was a pacific town, though there were some visitors. That day’s weather was so great that the sunlight was shining on the land and the wooden houses which made the small town quiet and a little lazier. I thought residents preferred enjoying life to working or studying here. The houses in this town were all delicate and particular and they all made me want to visit them even live in them. After a short trip in the town centre, we took the town bus to the upper hot spring. I could not describe the beauty when I stood on the high point of the mountain. I immersed into the hot water, feeling the special sense, watching the transparent sky and the snowy mountains. I even fell asleep in the hot spring, so you can image how comfortable it was. Then we two went to the museum and saw the natural animal exemplars. The bison and deer were very huge and shocked me a lot.
I also wanted to go ski in Lake Louis but one day was not a enough time to go. That was the only pity of my trip. I cannot forget this trip in my life because this was my first trip in Canada and it was really fantastic!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hey, man, I know Banff is relly amazing~I heard a lot about it and I always wanna go there.
Next time, let's go there together!
I can help you to take a photo~haha

Scott Douglas said...

I love going to the mountains. I'm really glad you got a chance to go to Banff. I hope you get to go again soon!